Abstract submission guidelines AquaConSoil 2023
General terms & conditions
- The Programme Committee (PC) will review the abstracts. The PC can only review complete forms. The PC may suggest changing the form of the submission, e.g. from oral presentation to poster presentation. Should this apply to you, this will be communicated after the reviewing process.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress.
- Abstracts may only be submitted on the AquaConSoil website. Abstracts submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
- Submitted documents should be GDPR compliant. For example, in the documents, no contact details are allowed (this involves addresses and mail details).
- Abstracts should be submitted before the deadline of 15 February 2023.
Authors of accepted abstracts (all presentations and posters) will be invited to submit a paper for the conference proceedings.
Presenters will also be invited to submit a (scientific) manuscript for the AquaConSoil Special Issue of Science of the Total Environment journal.
- Authors should indicate their presentation type preference. There are 3 types of submissions:
- Oral presentation
- Oral presentations (15 min + 3 min of discussion) in thematic Sessions; thematic sessions consist of 5 presentations.
- Poster presentation
- Poster presentations: Poster will be on display during all conference days. You will be invited to pitch your poster at the conference.
- Note: “Poster presentation” implies that your abstract will be considered for poster presentation only.
- Proposal for a free session (90 min)
- The layout of the program of a session is free but should be different from the layout of regular thematic sessions (e.g. it is possible to have more time for discussion). Interactive session set up is encouraged.
- Oral presentation
- The same person may serve as presenting author for an oral presentation for a maximum of 1 abstract. If more abstracts with the same presenting author are submitted, the Programme Committee will choose only 1.
- The same person may serve as presenting author for a poster presentation for a maximum of 1 abstract. If more abstracts with the same presenting author are submitted, the Programme Committee will choose only 1.
- Keywords need to be descriptive and capture the most important aspects of your paper. They are used for indexing in databases and as search terms for readers. Include three to five words.
- Abstracts should be written in English.
- Your abstract should be max. 4000 signs including spaces.
- Copy your abstract in the text box provided.
- Abstracts for oral presentations and posters should include:
- Purpose of study
- Summary of findings/results
- Significance / contributions of study
- Abstracts for sessions should include:
- A short summary of what you intend to do/present during the session
- Interactive session set up is encouraged. Please point out in your abstract in what way you intend to interact with the public (e.g. roundtables, discussion rounds, brainstorm with flip-overs, etc.).
- On the abstract, no contact details are allowed (this involves addresses and mail details).
For questions or comments, please contact the AquaConSoil organization team via firstname.lastname@example.org